Tuesday 16 October 2007

JOHN O GROATS



Set off


in the mist and rain. It was a really painful start and I felt really deflated and sorry for myself. 50 miles to go and really struggling.


I left the back up crew of Aled, Robin and Al Bryn Gwyn to the mercy of the morning midges. Nothin worse than a midge in your pants first thing in the morning!!


The mist lifted at times and I struggled on mile after mile hill after hill and hill after hill after hill. The stops were frequent and long but I kept going.


Thurso came and Thurso went and the last 10 miles was flat and misty.I had quite mixed emotions when I got to John O Groats. It was a dump. Kiss me quick hats and nothing else really.

My emotions were very very mixed. The champagne didnt help. A welsh dragon flag had been sent up specially from Bala and I shall treasure this .

I must admit I did shed a little tear .

TOTAL MILAGE 943 MILES

RIDE TIME 73 Hours 14 Mins

AVERAGE 13 MPH

PROLOGUE

This BLOG is far from over. I have a few more pictures to add and I will divulge my plans for 2008 in the next week or so. SO WATCH THIS SPACE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.